Thursday, May 5, 2022

A PUBLISHING COMPANY for LGBTQIA+ literature

A PUBLISHING COMPANY for LGBTQIA+ literature
Hi, my name is Emma and I run a publishing company that focus on LGBTQIA+. Emma is a writer and the founder of the publishing company Simusdotter Förlag.  We are a publishing company that gives out LGBTQIA+ related books surrounding fantasy,  sci-fi and horror genre. When I was a child I didn't found stories and literature that involved  me as a queer person, and I just found it so weird, and I was lacking the representation  around people, all people. I'm a bit confused, no not, because I usually say that i'm pansexual,  maybe bi, I have a little difficulty to just be one, but I would say that I''m mostly pansexual.
So why is representation important? Everyone should feel included also in literature and  all types of media that we use and not just one type of people. And she has felt this way  for a long time. I have a mother that read Harry Potter for me and my brother when we  were going to sleep. I just found it so amusing and wonderful to dive into a whole new world.
But even in Harry Potter I, it was in my opinion lacking some of the aspects of  representation. I think that Harry Potter and JK Rowling is kind of problematic in these days but  that was my dive into the literature, and then I've always been reading a lot. When I first  started writing, I immediately got into creating stories and stuff like that, so that's been my  path in life and I've always wanted to write and be a writer. And the authors they're working with  in the publishing company feels the same way about representation. The authors we are working with  in Simusdotter Förlag is people who also wants to broaden their representation in literature,  especially fantasy sci-fi and horror.
It's not always people in the queer community,  but we as a company wants to, of course include all people, but with the right, with the same  values. And I want, we want everyone to feel welcome to our publishing company and that's our  our most important value, in our work. Let's back up a little bit and listen to how Emma started  the company. When I first wrote my first novel, I didn't have the publishing company at that time. I  sent it around to other publishing companies and wanted it to be published but they didn't want it,  so they they said just "no we're not interested", so I was a bit bummed at the time.
And I decided  that no one would rule over my dreams, so I took care of it and started my publishing company by  myself first and I published my first novel as an e-book in the 2019. And then in 2020 I included  my best friend and co-worker Katarina Deering Wallander and my fiance Anton Holgersson in the  work with the company, and in 2020 we published two more novels. It's been an amazing ride. And  it's going well for them. We are publishing more and more books and with more writers  that have the same same value as us and it's been amazing to see the writers enthusiasm and  yeah, they they really want to work with with us and we really want to work with them so it's been  amazing to read those awesome stories, and with the people included from all different kinds of  identities and yeah.
They have also done some collabs with other queer companies.  As a publishing company we try to support the community so we are hoping to grow  around the community as well and not just "ah here's literature", so we want to include the  whole community in our publishing company and and more people more, queer people also so we  want everyone to be welcome, or feel welcome and not be afraid of throwing themselves out there,  because we we want everyone to be included in our company. And some final words: When I started this  publishing company I was a dreamer and I wanted to dream about this whole thing, and our slogan is  "a publishing company where we allow ourselves to dream" and that's what it's all about.
Read More: Do NOT Build Multiple Streams of Income – Unless…
https://elacmoneybasy.es/gcdi
Thanks for your visit!
https://youtu.be/O89ScWpQHNA
https://bit.ly/39tooaD

No comments:

Post a Comment

YT Explosion Code Review" Week 1 Results

Hi guys Kelita and I wanted to come and give you a YouTube explosion code review and this review is really from my first week of being invol...