Friday, June 10, 2022

Trafficwave The Basics: Part 1 - Introduction and Campaign Creation

Trafficwave The Basics: Part 1 - Introduction and Campaign Creation


This is TrafficWave.net's The Basics, AutoResponder Video Training Series. For this training series, I am building an AutoResponder campaign from scratch that will be used to help me sell my product to Squashman Screwdriver. By the end of this video series, you will have seen all the steps needed to create a fully functioning campaign. To learn about some of the more advanced AutoResponder features, please refer to our training wikipage at www.trafficwave.net/wiki. Let's take 60 seconds and talk about the AutoResponder subscription process. The process starts with a potential subscriber filling out their contact information into a form on the internet. The common expression for this is a lead capture form, meaning sales lead.




Capture forms are very common on websites. If you do not have your own website, there are also companies out there that will host a lead capture page for you. A lead capture page is typically a single webpage specifically meant to hold a capture form. TrafficWave.net is a double opt-in email marketing company.




This means that when someone submits your capture form on the internet, it goes to TrafficWave.net, who then emails the confirmation message that we set up when we created the campaign profile, and shows them a subscription landing page.




This subscription landing page tells the submitter that they should check their email in a few moments for this confirmation message. When the submitter confirms by clicking the link contained in the message, they go back to TrafficWave.net, who then shows them a confirmation landing page.




This confirmation landing page tells them that they have been successfully added to your AutoResponder campaign. These two steps are what makes it a double opt-in process, which helps protect both parties from unintentional misunderstandings. It's time to create the Squashman Screwdriver campaign. I'll click on the AutoResponder tab at the top, and scroll down and click on Create New Campaign. This will launch the campaign creation wizard, where we will add basic information that we need to get our campaign up and running.




Step one asks me for a nickname and a description, in order to identify my campaign. I'm selling Squashman Screwdrivers, so I'm going to call my first campaign Squashman. An optional description will help me if I have multiple campaigns set up later. I verify my nickname, and then we move on to step two. Step two is asking me to set up my campaign's signature tokens.




For now, we're going to focus only on the ones that are required for all campaigns, a return email name and return email address, as I want them to appear in the From field for all of my outgoing letters, and a campaign title.




All subscribers in the TrafficWave.net AutoResponder system are required to confirm their subscription before being added to a campaign. This campaign title is used to remind them of what they're subscribing to. Let's call it Squashman Screwdriver Newsletter.




The Basics: Part 1 - Introduction and Campaign Creation (Updated Content Available)

 


And we move to step three. The United States CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 requires that all commercial emails include a valid postal address, to be displayed in the footer. TrafficWave.net will do that for you automatically, but you do need to tell them what postal address you're going to use. For your convenience, if you want to use the postal address from your TrafficWave.net profile, you can just click this button, and it will fill it in for you.




Otherwise, fill in these steps, and we move on to step four. Step four is asking me to define what campaign subscriber data I intend to collect. This'll allow the system to create correct web forms for subscribers to fill out on my website or capture pages. The TrafficWave.net AutoResponder system also allows campaigns to collect lots of subscriber information, including addresses, phone numbers, countries, or even create customized pieces, like favorite flavor of pizza. Today we're focusing on just the basics, which is to collect a subscriber's name and email address. I'm going to choose name in a single field and email address, so that my forms will be just two lines, name, email address. On to step five. Step five has me filling in the final configuration settings for my new AutoResponder campaign.




Here's a checkbox to tell TrafficWave to send me an email anytime someone confirms their subscription to my campaign. Then we have a language preference. This is for sending any outgoing confirmation messages or subscriber management instructions into another language. That'll make more sense after we look at this next section, customizing a confirmation message.




Remember that TrafficWave.net is a double opt-in service, meaning that a subscriber must confirm their desire to join a campaign before they're added. This is done with a web link that's provided by TrafficWave.net after their email address has been submitted. This small message will be included with the confirmation message. You can use it to remind or encourage them to click the included confirmation link to be added to your campaign.




Let's look and see what a whole confirmation message looks like, by clicking this button here. Here's the section that I can customize, followed by a confirmation link, as well as a removal link, and the CAN-SPAM postal address that we talked about earlier. If I decide to change my language preference to another language, say, Spanish, then we can see how these outgoing instructions are also changed to Spanish. This is very helpful if I have a subscriber base that's primarily speaking another language. It doesn't really apply to me in this case.




I'm going to leave mine in English. I click this box to let TrafficWave know that I understand that this outgoing message is not to be used for links or any additional advertising.




I click finish, and I'm ready to start creating letters for my new AutoResponder campaign.




https://www.trafficwave.net/members/yosehbaez/traffic.html




Thanks for your visit!




https://youtu.be/iMGBgAsbvyc

 

 


https://bit.ly/3Ha36Mb

No comments:

Post a Comment

YT Explosion Code Review" Week 1 Results

Hi guys Kelita and I wanted to come and give you a YouTube explosion code review and this review is really from my first week of being invol...