Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Surefire PR Marketing Tips and Tricks How To Approach Brands for Public Relations

Surefire PR Marketing Tips and Tricks  How To Approach Brands for Public Relations


- Hey there everyone, Adam LoDolce here from viewership.com, and it is Q and A Thursday, I'm here with Neil Patel, and we are going through all of your comments, and we're picking a specific one that you all up voted that you wanted to talk about. So, Neil, for today, the comment that we're gonna be talking about is from Dhruv Tantia, sorry if I'm getting that pronunciation wrong. Sir, can you give me some tips for public relations? Neil?




- If you wanna get PR, then here's the thing. Most people wanna be featured on TechCrunch, Business Insider, CNN, Mashable, you name it. The Next Web.




Hitting up the editors and asking them to promote you or write about you, usually isn't gonna do much. They're gonna ignore you.




You need to get an intro. So people go about it the wrong way. They try to get on there by hitting them up, versus finding out who they've written on, 'cause they write tons of stories every day, network with all the people within those companies, like those top 10 or top 50 or whatever that they keep mentioning.




And then once you network with those people, ask them for an introduction. - Genius.




- It really is the easiest way to get PR. - Right. - If you're a marketer, this is even a bit more hardcore but it works. I used to head up Tech Crunch, Mashable, Business Insider, Gawker Media, and the whole network, and the list kept going on and on. GigaOM.




And I would do all their marketing for free, and then when I needed PR I'd hit them up, but I'm already doing their marketing, so not only do I know their stats, they always wrote about me 'cause I did it for free.




- Right. - And that was a really effective strategy, 'cause not only did I get more press, but then they also introduced me to other people that needed marketing once I increased their traffic. And that's a bit more of a longer term play, but that was a great strategy. Like I remember when I hit up Michael Arrington to do his marketing, he ignored me the first few times and said, thanks.




I did Mashable and all his competitors, he started noticing that they got way more traffic, and I made sure they put my logo on the website so they knew I did the marketing, and then Arrington finally hit me back up one day, and was like, oh, can you also do our marketing now? And then I grew his traffic and I'm like, once I grew it, I'm like, hey, make sure you email all your investor friends and show 'em this screenshot of what I did, and that also helped drive more business as well, which was a great approach.




But people have it wrong with PR. - Right. - You can't just hit up the editor.




- You can't just go for the kill. - Yeah. You have a dating website, right, what is it called? - Sexy Confidence. - Sexy Confidence, okay?




If people just hit you up to write about dating, like Tinder or Match, would you respond? You'd just ignore 'em. - No, of course not. - But on the flip side, if someone you knew emailed you and did an introduction with someone at Tinder, would you be much more likely to respond? - Of course, yeah.




- Exactly, so you wanna get that intro. If you can't figure out how get the intro by just hitting up the top 10 people of people who work there, go to local events, networking events, and you'll eventually meet people, especially if they're startup events, of ones who like have gotten press or networked, and know how to get on Tech Crunch or Mashable, whatever version is in your country. And they'll introduce you and help you get on there as well.




Surefire PR Marketing Tips and Tricks | How To Approach Brands for Public Relations




 


When you're emailing people within a company, it's important to know that like when you're going for the top 10, it has to be someone in public relations, the CEO or founder, or someone in marketing. - Right.




- If you just hit up random people you're not gonna get the conversion. - Right, right. No, I mean, it makes total sense, because I feel like with PR or marketing or anything like this, so many people are trying to just take from them.




Right, 'cause they know that they have the honey, and so people are just hitting them up. And it happens with me with both my companies, I'm sure it happens to you every day.




- Dude, every day. I mean like, 10, 20 messages a day saying, can you write about us? Oh, we have this CEO, he would be amazing for your podcast. It's like, I don't even read it, I'm like, the moment I can see it's generic, I just click the back button and move on to the next email.




- Right, so it's all about giving and giving to the right people, and then it just comes right back around, it's like that business karma, I guess.




- That's right. - Yeah, that's a great strategy. And that's how I hit you up in the first place, right? - That's right. You hit me up, and when you hit me up, I think you'd tried hitting us up for paid consulting?




- Yeah. - And then-- - No, no, I was gonna do SEO for one of my other companies, and then I was starting Viewership, my new company, and I was like, hey, I'll work with you for free. - That's right. - And then in exchange for SEO for my other thing, and now it's just. - And we've built a friendship.




- Yeah, exactly. - You're on camera. There's no money exchanged or anything, we're just friends. It's not even like you asked to be on here, I'm like, oh, this'll be cool. - Totally.




- And then on top of that I also drove you business and revenue. - Exactly, I'm flying from Boston to LA to do this stuff and it's worth it, you know, so.




- Yeah. - There it is. Alright, cool.




So guys, if you enjoyed this, make sure you leave that comment right there below saying, yes I enjoyed this, or of course if you have a question that you wanna ask Neil, then of course do that. - And of course, anything you need help with, I'm here, I'll respond. Any ones that get up voted a lot, or liked a lot, I'll make sure we answer them in the Q and A video on every Thursday, but again, if you're an entrepreneur, a marketer, or anyone, you need help, I don't care if you have money, or you have a lot or a little, doesn't matter, media karma, I really am here to help. And I'll try to do my best to help you succeed. So thank you, subscribe, leave a comment, I love you guys.




https://baez5058--mommakingmoneyathome.thrivecart.com/how-to-make-money-from-plr/




Thanks for your visit!




https://youtu.be/BVkcDEMv_xA

 

 


https://bit.ly/3MraWlA

No comments:

Post a Comment

YT Explosion Code Review" Week 1 Results

Hi guys Kelita and I wanted to come and give you a YouTube explosion code review and this review is really from my first week of being invol...